* Through various means, the players came into possession of the leg of a Chaos Titan. It is still "alive". They obtained it from a group of heretics they refer to as "the Gimp Squad". The Gimp Squad were Slanneshi servants, a corrupted Rogue Trader. In theory, they traded something that amounts to the Hand of Vecna for it. They (the PCs) killed the Gimp Squad.
* They have been tracking the origin of the Chaos Titan leg.
* They learned that the Gimp Squad took possession of the leg at a planet called Unat Prime.
* Unat Prime is a Shrine World and super-holy.
* It is a tide-locked world that orbits a locked system of 3 suns.
* The Astronomicon is "loudest" there (which is why it is holy)
* There are roughly 500 inhabitants on Unat Prime, all monks and priests.
- Upon arrival, Orbital scans indicated that there were roughly 500 lifesigns on the planet. They have not encountered any.
* There are a total of six structures on the planet:
* Five towers that are on the border of the light side and the night side, the "Fingers of the Emperor"
- These are towers that were "extruded" from the planet and predate the Empire. They are possibly of Adranti construction.
* A landing pad and the pre-fab tunnels that run from it to the towers.
* Unat Prime appears to have a VERY strong anti-psyker deadening field.
* The Machine Spirits also appear to likewise be deadened.
* They have discovered evidence (multiple blood stains) that indicate that there may be cloning technology on the planet
* Something happened on the system between 6 months and 5 weeks ago.
- The orbital energy reflectors have been damaged.
- The last supply drop is still waiting on the pad.
- Someone welded the doors to the pad shut from the outside.
- At least one individual (possibly a clone) is outside, in the dark side of the planet.
* They discovered the corpse of an individual who was flayed open and crucified against the wall of the largest tower.
* This individual is an archaeologist.
* They recovered some datapads from the corpse.
- The datapads point to three locations on the surface but what is written about those locations is in a code that you have (thus far) been unable to crack